Perth Managed Pty Ltd is on a mission to create a company built on the culture of keeping customers first by creating intuitive, easy to use products. As a Linux Support Admin, you will focus on working with our customers and support team to solve hosting issues.
Our ideal candidate for this role will be someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment, is self-motivated when presented with challenging problems, and is passionate about customer service. Team work is a big must, as you will be working closely with the rest of the support team to collaborate and solve problems.
We're just getting started, so you have the chance to come in and help us build our brand. Your contributions will be extremely important as you will be the first line of communication with our customers. We take pride in creating friction-less experiences for our customers and employees each and every day!
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Working with service desk/ticketing system at a high-quality level is a must.
- Linux and Networking certifications.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills demonstrated in a large Linux environment.
- Solid understanding of and experience with DNS, Linux, WHM/Cpanel
- Shell, Perl Scripting background. Other languages programming experience a plus.
- Storage systems: RAID, SAN, NAS a plus.
- Strong team working and building skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Be the front line, first point of contact for our customers
- Assist in a wide variety of issues including pre-sale questions, billing and general support
- Use critical thinking and problem solving to try and resolve issues without escalation
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical issues with websites, email, and other related services
- Working through ticket concerns and solving complex issues
- Helping to maintain the health and security of all hosting servers
- Support senior technical team with data analysis, trend monitoring, and issue identification
- Love for helping people and working in a diverse environment
- Moderate knowledge of web hosting including cPanel, LAMP/LEMP Stacks, Wordpress, FTP, DNS, Softaculous, etc
- General knowledge of internet technologies for small businesses
- 1-2 Years of Customer Service
- Be able to type 40+ WPM
- Be able to use critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Experienced with MySQL and MariaDB
- Experienced with PHP
- Experienced with troubleshooting mail issues with EXIM (Including troubleshooting connecting / sending / receiving emails and understanding email headers)
Nice to haves:
- Advanced DNS understanding
- Advanced knowledge of Wordpress and the plugin environment
- Advanced knowledge of Laravel
- Experience with Load Balanced applications.
- Fluent HTML
- Experience in a wide range of web applications such as: WordPress, Magento, Prestacart, etc.
- Experience with WHMCS and/or SupportPal